CORE in the News
Most recent articles:
Energy Confessional Comes to ACES for Earth Day The Aspen Times April 19, 2017
One Step at a Time Aspen Times Weekly, April 6, 2017
Environmental Art Project Heightens Awareness on Local Climate Change Impacts Aspen Public Radio April 4, 2017
Shifting Snow: Single Steps Lead to Large-Scale Art Aspen Daily News, March 24, 2017
CORE and City of Aspen Opt for Art Over ‘Doom and Gloom’ The Sopris Sun, March 23, 2017
Artist Sonja Hinrichsen on Snow Drawing, Climate Change KDNK, March 22, 2017
- Mountain Energy: Innovation, Advocacy and the Nuts and Bolts of Green Energy. Meet Some of the Aspen Players. Modern Luxury | Aspen, Winter 2017
- Setting an example on climate change. Mona Newton, Aspen Times. January 30, 2016.
- Aspenites discuss national carbon fee and dividend. Aspen Daily News. November 23, 2015.
- Climate change caused by human choices. Mona Newton Letter to the Editor. Aspen Daily News. August, 16, 2015.
- Demand for energy-efficiency programs is on the upswing. Collin Szewczyk. Aspen Daily News. August 11, 2015.
- Local environmental groups slowly expand reach to Latino community. Aspen Public Radio. June 24, 2015.
- Open house set at new Energy Resource Center. Post Independent. June 11, 2015.
- Basalt parade, ACES’ party head Earth Day events. Aspen Times. April 21, 2015.
- Letter: U.N. panel reports climate change is worsening. Mona Newton. Aspen Times. November 12, 2014.
- CORE celebrates 20 years in the Roaring Fork Valley. Marci Krivonen. Aspen Public Radio. October 27, 2014.
- CORE: 20 years of innovation and community building. Nathan Ratledge, Aspen Daily News. October 23, 2014
- Community Office for Resource Efficiency is at the CORE of local energy conservation, Post Independent, March 2014
- CORE eyes energy-efficiency milestones, Aspen Times, April 2014
- Community Ofﬁce for Resource Efﬁciency names new director, Aspen Times, March 2012
Aspen Energy Challenge
- Rebates offered for LED bulbs. Aspen Daily News. March 1, 2016.
- “$5 million dollar prize in Georgetown energy competition within reach.” Aspen Daily News. December 23, 2015.
- Schools’ energy savings aid competition effort. Collin Szewczyk. Aspen Daily News. October 31, 2015.
- Think Aspen is the best? Let’s prove it. Mona Newton. Aspen Times. October 25, 2015.
- Ski Town Showdown measures efficiency. Aspen Daily News. October 5, 2015.
- Aspen competes in Ski Town Showdown against Park City. Erica Robbie. Aspen Times. October 2, 2015.
- Aspen in Running for Cash Prize in Energy Efficiency. Aspen Public Radio. January 27, 2015.
- Aspen a semifinalist for $5 million prize. Aspen Daily News. January 22, 2015.
- Aspen selected as a semifinalist in $5 million Georgetown University energy prize. Aspen Times. January 21, 2015.
- Aspen School District Cashes in by Upgrading Lighting at Skier Dome Aspen Times, February 26, 2017
- ASD Works Toward Smarter Buildings Aspen Public Radio, January 17, 2017
- Tiny Home Models Efficiency and Performance Aspen Public Radio, September 13, 2016
- $14k in lighting upgrades make happy tenants. Post Independent. May 5, 2016.
- CORE provides rebates for efficiency. Aspen Times. January 20, 2016.
City funds energy upgrades for two lodges. Aspen Daily News. December 30, 2015.
ReStore will open with a bang on Earth Day in Basalt. Aspen Times. April 20, 2015.
Snowmass: Greenest village in America? Snowmass Sun, September 2014.
City of Aspen rebates drive down energy use and revenue, Aspen Times. Oct 23, 2013.
New energy fuels hospitality industry, Aspen Daily News, July 2012
Drafty old Aspen house gets energy makeover, Aspen Times, April 2011.
Pitkin County jumps on Energy Smart incentives, Aspen Times, October 2011.
Energy Efficiency to the Rescue, and Care2.com, October 2011.
- CORE Awards $627,000 in Grants to Roaring Fork Valley Businesses and Organizations Aspen Times, October 27, 2016
- County Considers Grant Applicants Aspen Public Radio, August 17, 2016
- Dairy Barn awarded Randy Udall grant. Post Independent. September 12, 2015.
- Ross Montessori building is ‘on time and on budget. Will Grandbois. Post Independent. October 11, 2015.
- CORE energy efficiency grants go to rich and poor applicants. Scott Condon. Aspen Times. October 3, 2015.
- ReStore will open with a bang on Earth Day in Basalt. Scott Condon. Aspen Times. April 20, 2015.
- Still time to apply for Udall grant. Aspen Daily News. April 17, 2015.
- CORE accepting applications for Randy Udall Energy Pioneer Grants until May 1. Aspen Daily News. February 27, 2015.
- CORE unveils potential grant recipients for 2014/15, Aspen Times, July 2014
- State-of-the-art composting toilets ready for use, Aspen Daily News, May 2014
- CORE grant program honors Randy Udall. Aspen Times. April 14, 2014
- 10 Garfield churches take steps to boost energy efficiency. Trina Ortega. Post Independent. December 20, 2014.
- Burlingame phase two going solar. Aspen Daily News. August 2013
- County mulling solar options at public works and the landfill. Aspen Daily News. May 2, 2016.
- County eyes snowmelt system near courthouse. Collin Szewcyzk. Aspen Daily News. November 19, 2015.
- Energy-efficient codes are city priority. Stephen Kanipe. Aspen Times. July 26, 2015.
- Aspen’s Rich Pay for Energy Efficiency. Paul Anderson. Aspen Times. October 13, 2014.
- County’s ‘carbon tax’ program still going strong after 12 years, Aspen Times, October 2012
- Aspen, Colo. taxes its way to a healthier climate, Grist, July 2002
Town of Carbondale
- E-Board Survey Shows Climate Plan Support The Sopris Sun, November 24, 2016
- Proof Is Possible Tour in Carbondale KDNK, September 12, 2016
- Town of Carbondale seeking input on proposed energy bill carbon fee Aspen Daily News Staff Report. Aspen Daily News. December 8, 2015.
- Carbondale considers a vote on carbon fee. Glenwood Springs Independent. December 9, 2015.
- Carbondale trustees considering energy-tax ballot question, Sopris Sun. November. 2013.
- Carbondale Green with Energy Post Independent. August 11, 2013
- U.S. Certifies Carbondale as ‘Solar Friendly Community.’ Post Independent. July 24, 2013
- “CARE initiative is now offering free opportunities for energy efficiency.” Aspen Daily News. January 19, 2016.
- FREE HOME IMPROVEMENTS FOR INCOME-QUALIFIED RESIDENTS IN THE ROARING FORK VALLEY. Aspen Times. January 12, 2016
- Grants help homeowners afford energy efficiency” Aspen Public Radio. June 18, 2015.
- CORE picks 27 recipients of energy-efficiency grants. Aspen Times. June 4, 2015.
- Aspen-area homeowners sought for energy efficiency program. Aspen Times. February 18, 2015.
- Free home energy upgrades offered to qualified households. Post Independent. February 1, 2015.
- Efficiency grants available for Pitkin County homeowners, Aspen Times. Dec. 3, 2013.
- Habitat for Humanity, community reach out to help Adam Lavender, Aspen Times. Oct 22, 2013.
CORE funds more than 450 solar arrays in the Roaring Fork Valley. Aspen Times. June 5, 2016
AREDay Summit begins today in Snowmass, Aspen Times, August 9, 2015
Letter: Find out more about solar energy. Mona Newton. Aspen Times. April 27, 2015
Electric car rally rolls through Aspen, Snowmass. Aspen Times. October 4, 2014.
CORE Helps Launch Solar Campaign, Aspen Times, June 28, 2013
CORE expanding solar energy rebates, Aspen Daily News, September 2012
Study find biomass heating project viable for valley, Aspen Daily News, September 2011
Wind Cooperative of the Year Interview: Holy Cross Energy, U.S. Department of Energy, April 2004
Waste Free Roaring Fork and Water Conservation
Why recycling is still worthwhile. Lucy Kessler, Aspen Times. June 7, 2016
Making water conservation a reality. Post Independent. June 11, 2016
Drink coffee, be green this week. Aspen Daily News. February 9, 2015
FREE SCREENING OF AWARD-WINNING DOCUMENTARY. Aspen Times. November 13, 2014.
Water efficiency plan might mean more water for rivers, Aspen Journalism, April, 2014
Waste Not, Want Not competition targets plastic, Aspen Times, November 2012
Local Foods Challenge accents sustainable agriculture, Post Independent, September 2012
WFRF Bag Story Aspen Sunday News, Aspen Sunday News, June 2012
Carbondale board bans the bag, Aspen Times, October 2011
Champions of CORE
Making the Impossible, Possible. The legacy of Randy Udall. Aspen Daily News, July 16, 2013
Honored to be Chair on CORE’s board, Crystal Valley Echo. Sept. 2013