This discussion with HVAC contractor, mechanical engineers, builders, and architects will include:
- How heat pump technologies have made big technical advancements and are now a viable and beneficial heating option for customers in the Colorado high country.
- Advantages and application considerations of various heat pump systems: ducted, mini-split and radiant floor.
- Heat pump-based HVAC system design strategies for new homes.
- The general economics of heat pumps vs propane or natural gas in new homes. This will summarize the relative installation and heating costs for various systems.
There will be time spent walking through the design thought process for a couple of examples (old ways of HVAC design and new ways to think about design with heat pumps). The examples will focus in the following 3 areas:
- Consumers that insists on radiant floor heating
- Consumers that want a forced air heating system
- Consumers that wants some of both radiant floor and forced air heating