This grant utilizes the HERS (Home Energy Rating System) Index to measure the performance of your new home.
- Deadline: None, rolling application period
- Funding: $10,000
- Requires that a project achieve a final HERS Index number of 10 or below after construction completion, as tested by a certified RESNET HERS Rater (dynamic content for HERS raters contact info)
- The HERS rating process begins at the design phase! Do not begin construction of your home without contacting CORE for initial project advice
- There are several inspections required in addition to your building inspections to achieve a final HERS Index rating
- One-time only grant per household, per physical address
- Funds will only be released once final HERS index and final Certificate of Occupancy (not temporary) have been submitted to CORE staff