Efficiency at Home
It all starts with a home energy assessment. Pitkin, Eagle and Gunnison county residents, visit www.energysmartcolorado.com to sign up for an assessment valued at $400 for only $100!
Garfield County residents, you are eligible for an assessment subsidized by your utility:
Want to start right away? Click on one of our resource guides below or follow the links:
CORE’s Resource Guides
- DIY Tutorials, brought to you by CORE and the City of Aspen’s Energy Efficiency Division
- Local Contractors
- Ten (easy) home energy savings tips
- “15 Green Projects for Under $500,” by Green Home Guide, a branch of the U.S. Green Building Council
- “Home Energy Checklist,” by U.S. Department of Energy
- “Water Saving Tips,” by the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
Wondering about how much money you’ll save by upgrading efficiency? Check out these sites:
- “How Eight Homeowners Save Over $12,275 on Energy” by This Old House Magazine
- The master Return-On-Investment (ROI) guide from GreenAndSave.com – a list of the potential monetary savings you can reap from the most common efficiency upgrades. Click on each item to see how they calculated the ROI.
- The Profitability of Energy Efficiency Upgrades – See how making efficiency improvements will pay you back.
Did you know that installing a programmable thermostat netted about 10 times as much money return as investing in the Dow Jones during the tech boom (before the bubble burst)?! See the above links for more information.