CORE has Energy Smart rebates for residents in the Roaring Fork Valley for energy efficiency measures and renewable energy projects, not to exceed 50% of project cost when combined with other rebates.
The first step to upgrading your home is the Energy Smart home energy assessment. A $400 value for $100, this assessment will provide you with a comprehensive evaluation of how your home performs so you can take targeted steps to improving the comfort, safety and efficiency of your home. Sign up here!
To receive a rebate follow these easy steps:
1) View the qualifying measures listed below. You are encouraged to do this prior to purchasing your equipment to ensure that it qualifies. If you have any questions call us at (970)925-9775.
2) Click on the “Rebate Form” button and fill out all required information. Note, if you are applying for multiple rebates you must fill out a separate form for each rebate.
3) Scan and upload your invoice or receipt for the item. If you do not have a scanner, simply take a photo of the invoice and upload it to your application. Alternatively, you can drop off a copy at any of the three office locations or send it in the mail.
For refrigerators that meet the “Consortium for Energy Efficiency Tier 3″ qualifications. Click here and select the current month to view qualifying refrigerators.
Refrigerator Disposal Rebate: $25
Decommissioning refrigerators requires that the freon refrigerant is removed from the appliance before it is taken to the landfill. The refrigerant can be removed by calling any of the following refrigeration contractors. The Pitkin Landfill will charge $12.50 for disposal but it will have to have a tag showing that the freon has been removed.
- Alltemp 927-8304. $40 if dropped off in GWS or $90 for pickup in Aspen.
- Arctic 379-7385
- Corrigan’s 945-8595
- Pete’s Refrigeration 922-0809 , Cell: 379-3021
- Valley Refrigeration 945-9859. $45 for freon removal or $75 for freon removal and disposal.
Water Sense Toilets, $75
Limit of 5 toilets per household.
Air Sealing* 25% of project cost, up to $500 per household.
Insulation Projects* 25% of project cost, up to $500 per household.
Must conform to 2012 IECC. Air sealing must be completed before insulation. If space or R-value limitations apply, we may provide a custom rebate.
Crawlspace Conversions* 25% of project cost, up to $1,000 per household. Home energy assessment is required.
Convert cold, vented crawlspace to a conditioned crawlspace with vapor barrier, air-sealing, rim joist and foundation wall insulation. Must conform to 2012 IECC insulation levels.
Window/Door replacement* 25% of projectcost, up to $500 per household.
Window U-value maximum .32.
Sliding Glass Door U-value max per EnergyStar guidelines.
Boilers, 25% of project cost, up to $500 per household.
92%+AFUE, Pellet stoves/boilers rated <2g/hr particulate
Tankless water heater, $300
0.82+ Efficiency Factor
High efficiency tank systems, $300
.67+ Efficiency Factor for gas
.92+ Efficiency Factor for electric or electric heat pump
Furnaces, 25% of project cost, up to $500 per household
Boiler and furnace tune-ups and safety check, $100
Duct Sealing* 25% of project cost, up to $500 per household
Residential Lighting, 25% of project cost, up to $500 per household (minimum project $100).
Only for LEDs, must be EnergyStar or DesignLights Consortium listed.
Programmable thermostat, free with Energy Smart Assessment or $15/T-stat
Maximum of 4 per household
Heat tape timer with indicator light, $200
Must be hardwired by a licensed electrician.
*Home energy assessment is required
Multifamily Renewables, 10% project cost, up to $10,000, Solar PV or Solar Thermal.
Multifamily efficiency, Limited common area upgrades 25% of cost up to $2500. Individual units eligible for $250/unit including $100 of quick fixes.
SOLAR REBATES: To receive a solar rebate we ask that you complete a solar “Pre-Application” as a way to secure funding for your project.
$0.50/kWh annual production up to $3,000 for on-site, customer-owned systems
$0.25/kWh annual production up to $2,000 for on-site, leased systems
Solar Thermal*: $1,500 per panel, up to $6,000, plus up to $200 for control or meter
Solar Thermal Tune-ups: 50% of tune-up and repair costs, plus up to $200 for control or meter
Please fill out our rebate form here or click the green button above and carefully follow all directions to avoid processing delays.
Looking for other rebates?
Commercial Efficiency Rebates:
Visit the Commercial Efficiency page if you are a business owner.
Below is a list of rebates and tax credits available for all types of projects.
- City of Glenwood Springs Electric
- Holy Cross Energy offers a refrigerator and freezer decommissioning rebate of $100
- City of Aspen’s rebates match Energy Smart’s rebates; apply by clicking the “Rebate Form” button above.
- Xcel Energy offers residential electric customers a $50 rebate for recycling old refrigerators.
- Air Conditioning and Evaporative Coolers
- Engine Block Heater Timer
- Solar Livestock Water Tank
Energy Audit Incentives:
- Energy Smart offers low-cost, comprehensive audits to residents in the Roaring Fork Valley as well as residents in Eagle and Gunnison Counties. Sign up for an energy audit at www.energysmartcolorado.com
- Holy Cross Energy offers customers with electric heat a free walk-through audit. To schedule, call Eileen Wysocki at 945-5491 or click here to read more.
- SourceGas helps cover the cost of audits for its customers through the Excess is Out program
- Xcel Energy customers with electric heat get up to a $200 rebate on an audit
- Ground-source Heat pumps:
- Insulation and Air Sealing Incentives:
- Energy Smart Colorado, matched by City of Aspen within the Aspen urban growth boundary
- Garfield Clean Energy, subject to availability
- Xcel Energy
- Holy Cross Energy offers rebates for attic, floor, exterior wall and foundation insulation, as well as air-sealing
- Federal tax credit of 10% of material cost, maximum combined credit of $500
- Low Income Weatherization Assistance:
- Programmable Thermostats:
- Water Heater, Boiler, and Furnace Incentives:
- Energy Smart for Pitkin, Eagle and Gunnison Counties, matched by City of Aspen within urban growth boundary
- Garfield County Residents are eligible for rebates from CLEER, subject to availability
- Holy Cross Energy offers electric heat pump water heater rebates
- Xcel Energy has cash rebates of up to $120 for qualifying furnaces and $100 for qualifying boilers. For electric heat pump water heaters click here.
- Federal Tax Credit
- Window, Doors, and Skylight Incentives:
Renewable Energy Generation:
- Microhydro, Geothermal, and Wind Incentives:
- Solar Hot Water Incentives:
- Solar PV Incentives:
- City of Aspen Electric – $2.00/watt, up to 6 kW. Please use CORE’s application, above.
- City of Glenwood Springs Electric - $1.25/watt up to 10kW.
- Holy Cross Energy - $1.50/watt, up to 6 kW
- Xcel Energy - $0.14/kWh for owned or $0.09/kWh for leased systems for a 20-year duration
- Xcel Energy customers are now eligible for the SunPower lease program, offered in the Roaring Fork Valley through Sunsense Solar.
- Receive a federal tax credit
- Wind, Biomass, or Geothermal Electrical Generation:
- Low-flow toilet rebates:
- City of Aspen Utilities, apply at CORE’s rebate button above.
- Low-flow Showerheads: