Are you a business owner who wants to be Energy Smart? Energy Smart provides incentives and energy coaching to commercial businesses throughout the Roaring Fork Valley.
Energy Smart’s commercial rebate covers up to 25% of project cost up to $2,500. Additionally, Energy Smart offers 50% up to $2,000 for an energy assessment for your business.
If Holy Cross Energy is your utility provider you could qualify for double rebates. Please contact Energy Smart’s commercial resource line to find out more at (970)945-0100.
To view upgrades that qualify for rebates, click on the List of Commercial Upgrades
Energy Smart Commercial Rebate Guidelines:
- Entities are eligible for 25% of cost up to $2,500 per year in commercial rebates, not to exceed 50% of the project cost. This can be spread over multiple projects and can be broken into multiple rebates throughout a 365 day period.
- Business and non-profit entities are eligible for the commercial rebate. Government, government owned and operated, and residential entities are not eligible for commercial rebates.
- All projects eligible for rebates are listed above in the “List of Commercial Upgrades”
- City of Aspen Electric and CORE work closely to incentivize entities on the City of Aspen Electric Grid. Entities are eligible for $2,500 from CORE and $2,500 from the City of Aspen for each commercial electric meter servicing the business. This is still restricted to the 25% of project cost limitation and not to exceed 50% of cost of project.
- Commercial rebates are for renovations and retrofits of existing equipment only. Rebates are not available for new construction.
- Property management companies and other entities that own or operate multiple businesses or buildings are eligible for one $2,500 rebate per property, up to $10,000 per entity.
- Commercial rebate applications must be submitted within 180 days of project completion. A rebate application will not be considered complete unless it includes a signed utility waiver and invoice showing proof of payment.
- CORE reserves the right to inspect the upgrade and promote it through its various media channels.
- CORE rebates are applied after applicable utility incentives have been procured. Applicants are required to alert CORE to the rebates they have applied for and the rebates they will receive or have received.
- CORE commercial rebates are funded by a limited pool of money and operate on a first-come, first-serve basis. Every effort will be made to notify businesses if funds are running low.
- CORE reserves the right to deny any entity a commercial rebate and a right to change rebate amount, quantities, and details at any time.
If you have any questions regarding your retrofit call Marty Treadway at (970) 963-1090.
Click below on the “Rebate Form” button to apply for a rebate for your business
As soon as you upgrade your business we will list your business as an official Energy Smart Business. To find out more about what you can do to green your business, visit the Energy Efficiency Guide for Colorado Businesses
Once you have upgraded the efficiency of your business, take the next step and apply for CORE’s solar photovoltaic and solar hot water rebates.
Other Commercial Rebate Programs in the Valley:
- City of Aspen, or call Jeff Rice, Utilities Energy Efficiency Manager at 970-920-5118
- Garfield Clean Energy
- Holy Cross Energy
- Xcel Energy
- Source Gas
Energy Smart Businesses:
- Aspen Conoco
- Aspen Motor works
- Aspen Public Radio
- Aspen Shell
- Aspen Skiing Company
- Aspen Tire
- The Chamonix
- Dreamtime, LLC
- The Enclave
- Hotel Aspen
- Keating Fine Art
- Koto, LLC
- Local Spirits
- The Little Nell
- The Little Red School House
- The Monarch
- Peaches Corner Café
- The Red Brick Gym
- The Snow Queen Lodge
- Stutsman Tri Alliance
- The Sun Deck
- The Timbers