Carbondale Energy Corner
For many years, CORE has hosted Carbondale’s Energy Resource Center here on the web and in our office, now at the Third Street Center, 520 South Third St, Suite 2. Stop by and see us! Or call at (970) 963-1090, or email email@example.com.
CORE offers several programs special to Town of Carbondale residents:
- Fall 2012 Efficiency Campaign
- In June 2012, CORE, CLEER and the Carbondale Environmental Board hosted an extremely productive public visioning session on the future of energy and economic development in Carbondale.
- In late September, the Town Trustees approved a $80,000 efficiency campaign.
- By December 31, 2012, CORE and Garfield Clean Energy will help 45 homes and 12 businesses become more efficient, comfortable and affordable.
- Residential rebates are 50% of project cost up to $500 for air sealing, insulation and other weatherization and/or mechanical upgrades, as necessary.
- Commercial rebates are up to $1,500, not to exceed 50% of project cost.
- Please call Amelia Potvin at (970) 963-1090 today or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
- This is a limited-time offer for Town of Carbondale residents and businesses, available in addition to utility and CORE incentives.
- Water Conservation 2012
- CORE and the Town of Carbondale have launched a collaborative program to help residents save water through education, free water-saving tools and more. Call (970) 963-1090 for details.
- Carbondale Climate and Energy Plan
- In 2006, citizens, the Environmental Board and CORE helped the Town of Carbondale create the Climate and Energy Plan, which outlines steps for Carbondale to significantly reduce emissions, become more energy independent, and strengthen the economy in the process.This plan provides a broad, long term vision, as well as intermediate steps for attaining these goals. It is founded on input from over 150 community members, the Carbondale Environmental Board, experts in the energy industry, and the elected officials in the Town of Carbondale. The plan will evolve and continue to be refined over time, but lays out a framework and steps, to significantly improve Carbondale’s carbon footprint.
- Carbondale Comprehensive Plan
- The Town of Carbondale hired RPI Consulting to assist the Town in re-writing its Comprehensive Plan. RPI Consulting is teamed up with two local team members from DHM Design, and Lamont Planning Services.Comprehensive plans are an important tool to discover, define, and prioritize community objectives for the future. Ultimately, a comprehensive plan initiates implementation strategies and sets up for land use code revisions.
- Carbondale Efficient Building Program
- The Carbondale Energy Plan outlines the desire of the community to construct buildings in a more environmentally responsible and energy efficient manner. The Board of Trustees of the Town has determined that the addition of the Carbondale Efficient Building Program to the municipal code will provide for education of the community, promote the use of environmentally friendly construction methods and renewable energy technologies, and foster economic development of “green” businesses. Additionally, the Board of Trustees finds and determines that additional energy efficiency enhancements are in the interest of public health, safety and welfare.
Other Great Green Resources at Your Fingertips
- Energy Efficiency Guide for Colorado Businesses. A fact sheet for businesses that are interested in pursuing energy efficiency improvements—but don’t know how to start or where to turn for help.
- EnergyStar- lots of information on efficiency- from homes to appliances.
- Governor’s Energy Office
- ICLEI-Western States- Local Governments for Sustainability- good resources on how to participate with your government to create a sustainable town!
- NorthWest Colorado Council Of Governments- free low -income (AMI- based) home energy audits and weatherization.
- Rebates & Incentives: look in the “Incentives” menu at the top of the page for loans, tax credits, rebates and more
- SouthWest Energy Efficiency Project
- US Dept of Energy- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy- helpful introductory information on energy efficiency.
- What You Can Do, ideas for efficiency, conservation and sustainable living from CORE