CORE’s Community Grants aim to support a broad spectrum of environmental and energy projects with tangible results for the Roaring Fork Valley. The aim of the Community Grant program is to reduce energy consumption, reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions, offset greenhouse gases, promote the responsible use of renewable energy, educate the community on energy issues, and develop more sustainable energy technologies.
– Availability: Now
– Deadline: None, rolling application period
– Funding: Up to $10,000
– Requires Executive Director approval
– Grants cannot be approved for projects already underway
– Cannot be combined with CORE rebates or The Randy Udall Energy Pioneer Grant for approved grant project scope, in the same year
– Cannot exceed 50% of total project cost when combined with outside rebates
– Projects need to be fully completed before grant payment
– Certain grants may require energy monitoring system installation
I. Completed Application Form Click here to complete online application form. II. Project Budget
Enter proposed budget into application, or email to address below. III. Supporting Documents
Send us any additional documents that might help demonstrate the effectiveness of your proposed project – plans, photos, presentations, etc. IV. Signed W-9
Please attach a completed and signed W-9 form.
* Please note your application is not complete until you submit all of the documentation listed above. To submit required documents, please choose one of the following methods: – Gather all required documents and upload with online application – Email all required grant documents to Marty Treadway.
Community Grant applicants need to demonstrate benefits under one or more of the following areas:
– Energy Savings
– Carbon reduction
– Community Benefit
– Educational Component
– Market Influence
– Innovation – pushing clean energy concepts beyond the norm
– Approval of grant is solely at the discretion of the Director
Please email Marty Treadway with questions or call (970) 925-9775 x504.
Required Submittal Questions:
Please prepare responses to the questions below:
I. Project Description and Goals
How does your project improve energy efficiency, generate renewable energy, or promote energy and environmental educational awareness in the Roaring Fork Valley? How does it benefit the local community, economy, and /or environment? What are the tangible results, etc.? Just enter “See attached” if you are including documentation for this question. II. Project Urgency
Discuss the urgency of your project. What opportunities will be lost if the project does not proceed according to your projected timeline? Describe the extent to which a CORE Grant will contribute to the completion and success of your project. Just enter “See attached” if you are including documentation for this question. III. Estimated Savings
Provide detailed calculations demonstrating the basis for your estimated energy and greenhouse gas emissions savings. Just enter “See attached” if you are including documentation for this question. IV. Project Budget
Please enter your project budget that outlines total cost of the project and total contributions by others. Be sure to indicate whether additional financial support is secured or requested. You may upload a spreadsheet at the end of this application if easier. Just enter “See attached” if you are including documentation for this question.
This event is co-presented by Colorado Water Conservation Board and Alliance for Water Efficiency. More information is available at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/financing-sustainable-water-workshop-tickets-30496147799
CORE works cooperatively with businesses, individuals, utilities and government entities to create measurable improvements in energy and water efficiency in order to benefit the environment and develop a more sustainable economy.